Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thursday in Fuzhou

Thursday in Fuzhou:
This morning we headed out with our guide to the market street.  We walked in 
and out of the shops and enjoyed learning about the unique items special to 
their province.  Fuzhou is known for their fish balls so our guide wanted us to 
try them.  For those of you who know me well, know there is NO WAY I was trying 
that.  My stomach was churning at the thought so I very politely declined.  Jeff 
on the other hand tasted them and liked them.  It looked similar to a wonton and 
had minced pork inside and then was floating in some liquid, oh I mean it had a 
broth that surrounded the delicate fish balls.  :) 
After the market we went back to the hotel room and rested.  I went downstairs 
to run on the treadmill while Jeff stayed in the room with Chloe.  I sure miss 
bootcamp back home, but it felt good to run.  (Side note - Chloe woke up at 4AM 
today!  Not sure what was up with that, but she did not get up, didn't even sit 
up, just hummed for 2 1/2 hours until we got up and told her to get up.) We knew 
she would be tired this afternoon and she ended up sleeping for about 45 minutes 
and then we woke her up because we didn't want her to not sleep tonight.  She 
was a little ill when she woke up but quickly snapped out of it.  We went to a 
different mall (only place to go that has air conditioner) and the taxi ride to 
a from was another wild ride.  I got to experience my first squatty potty 
(EEEKK!) and no soap anywhere!!  After awhile, purell just doesn't seem to get 
the job done.  On the way back from the mall, Chloe got sick.  She threw up a 
little, luckily more like spit up.  Not sure if she was car sick, too hot, or 
both.  She took a bath and is happy again.  We have decided to wait until we get 
home to try new foods with her.  I think her little body is going through lots 
of changes and the different foods might be a little too much.  The first 5 
years of her life she was fed with a bottle, bottle only so I'm sure digesting 
some of the stuff she has tried with us is a little difficult for her.  Praying 
that she is not sick and it was just car sick.  
Tomorrow we do not have anything until we meet the police man at 3:00 so he can 
verify our passports and give us Chloe's visa, then we head to the airport to go 
to Guangzhou.  We are looking forward to going there! 
Our Hope in HIM!
Jeff & Katie 
P.S. - Please keep Jackson in your prayers.  He goes tomorrow morning to the 
orthopedist to rule out a growth plate fracture in his foot. :(  I do not like 
being so far away and not being able to help my kids when they need me.  I am 
very thankful that my mom and dad (and wonderful friends) have been so gracious 
to step in and take care of things while we are gone.  I know he is in good 
hands and I am thankful for those that have helped us getting things taken care 
of with his foot!







No comments:

Post a Comment