Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday in Guangzhou


Last night Jeff went out to get food for us.  He went to several different 
restaurants trying to find something that I would eat too. :)  He settled on an 
Italian restaurant and brought us back some lasagna.  It was different, but ok.  
He was approached (and followed) by several different people asking for money or 
food.... which means, I can't go out by myself here I guess, or at least not at 
nighttime.  One lady followed him with her child across the street and spoke 
enough English to keep saying "food".  Once he hit the hotel and she saw the 
security guard, she turned around.  He felt bad for her but we don't want to be 
known for giving stuff out, and it's not like we don't stand out.  ha ha! He 
wanted to help her but just didn't know if that was the right thing to do or 
not.  

Today was a scheduled "rest" day for us, but we are feeling a little cooped up, 
so I think we will venture out on our own this afternoon.  Chloe is on the mend, 
and finally ate some food this morning for breakfast! We found out she likes 
bananas, the soft foods we know she can handle.  Last night was the first night 
since we have been here that I slept more than 4 hours without waking up for a 
long time.  I feel MUCH better this morning!  

We were able to go down to breakfast this morning together, the first time since 
Thursday.  The breakfast buffet is huge here too and has a decent variety of 
western food along with local favorites.  This girl is CRAVING some fruit and a 
good salad, the first thing I am eating when I get home!  I have never been a 
big meat eater but a good burger sounds good too! ha! :) or the famous chocolate 
chip cookies made by our friend Noelle! :)  

There is a garden area outside the hotel with a view from the restaurant area.  
It is beautiful and peaceful.  We took a walk around and you will see from the 
pictures that Chloe wasn't too sure about it.   You go into the area by stepping 
on large rocks and crossing over the water.  Even thought she was being held, 
she wasn't too sure about it.  She wouldn't even look at the camera, she kept 
her eyes on all the fish that were very hungry.  :)  

One week and we will be HOME!  Excited to spend this week with my girl, and as 
my friend reminded me, it's like an extended hospital stay after you have a 
baby.  A great bonding time!  I like her perspective, and we have missed out on 
6 years of her life, so this one on one time with her  has been good.  I know 
she is going to LOVE her brothers and sister though... and I can't wait for them 
to meet her.  

Much love to all of you!  
Jeff & Katie

Chloe loves this bag of colorful rubber bands for her hair!  She tends to carry it around wherever they may venture to!
 A waterfall on the hotel grounds






 The Garden Hotel in Guangzhou, China







No comments:

Post a Comment