Wednesday, July 10, 2013

TRAVEL APPROVAL!

The moment we have been waiting for.... TRAVEL APPROVAL!  It has been so cool to see how God works!  His hand has guided this entire process.  A little recap....
We received our I-800 approval on June 13th.  It was delivered in China on June 18th.  It was then picked up on July 2nd and the approval was sent so we could get travel approval.  Travel approval usually takes 2-3 weeks on average.  On Sunday night, July 7th I couldn't sleep.  (not too uncommon right now) I checked my email every 10-15 minutes... I had this "feeling" that we would be notified that we had gotten travel approval.  It was a crazy thought, it had only been 6 days.  I began praying to God.  I knew it was HIS perfect timing, not mine.  You see, we had exactly one week to get the approval, or we would have to wait another two weeks to find out because it just so happens the consulate in China, where our adoption will be finalized is closing for two weeks to move their office to another building.  And so, I continued to check my email, as it was Monday morning in China and I knew they were working.  So the night went on, Monday came and nothing.  And so, we waited.  On Tuesday I found out that my "feeling" was right on, God was moving mountains and our travel approval had been mailed from China!  So then, the next wait... for the approval to travel from China to California (where our agency is located), all before Friday so that our consulate appointment can be made.  In TWO DAYS, the approval arrived!!  Yes, God was flying that plane for sure! :)
So now what?  We wait for confirmation of our consulate appointment, but how things look is we should have her in our arms on July 29th!!
We have a lot to do, plane tickets, packing, etc.  We will miss open house and the first day of school so I will work on gathering all of their school supplies before we go too.  Anna Kate has cried and cried because she wants to go with us and she doesn't want me to miss her first day of middle school.  Oh how I wish she could go, but I she can't.  Please pray for her that she will be distracted and not sad the entire time we are gone.  Please also pray that the plane tickets are "reasonable" as this is the most expensive time to travel to China.  We had budgeted $5000 for both of our tickets and her ticket home but we aren't sure if we will be able to do that.
We are so blessed with friends that have prayed for us, supported us, and rejoiced with us through this entire process.  Praise the Lord for his goodness and mercy!
Much love to all of you!
Katie

P.S. - Some have asked if they can help.  Here is a link where you can make a donation (in any amount) if you wish to help us with this last part of the process.  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=T5LJ4KSG5TRNG

No comments:

Post a Comment