Monday, July 1, 2013

Moving right along, or so we thought...

As long as this entire process is, lately everything seemed to be moving right along.  Our I-800 approval came in the mail on June 13th, and then the letter was hand delivered in China on June 18th.  Our Article 5 is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow, July 2nd. Most of you who are reading this are probably saying what? and huh?... I know, it's all this crazy adoption language. :)  The short of it all is that we are truly in the FINAL stages before we are able to travel to China.  The next step after tomorrow is to wait on travel approval (which generally takes 2-3 weeks) and then get a consulate appointment (which takes just a few days, if that), and then LEAVE FOR CHINA!  Yep, we are THAT close!  It's a dream, I've wanted, wished for, hoped for, prayed for, for so very long, and it's just around the corner..... or so we thought.
You see we knew that there weren't any holidays coming up in China that would delay our process at this time.  However, the consulate in China is closing the last two weeks of July to move their office.  That means, no adoptions will pass through during this time, as well as future appointments made, etc.  Two weeks from July 2nd (probably THE earliest possible date that we could get our TA (travel approval) is July 16th.  The office is closing on July 15th... and we need this in order to get our consulate appointment.
Please join me in praying that God moves mountains like we know he can and that we get travel approval in record time!  I would love to be leaving at the beginning of August, not waiting to get my date.  In the end, I find great comfort in knowing that God's plan is PERFECT, he knows whats best, and he is in CONTROL!
We are coming sweet girl, we are coming soon!  (I got this sweet picture of her today too so I thought I would share)

No comments:

Post a Comment